Information provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration indicates that motorcycle riders are almost thirty times more likely to be involved in a deadly motorcycle accident. The data also reveals that motorcycle riders are more than five times more likely to be seriously hurt in a motorcycle crash than in any other type of automobile or semi-truck collision. Many of these motorcycle accidents are not the fault of the motorcycle rider, including:
- Failure of a motor vehicle driver to allow a time cushion between the motor vehicle and motorcycle
- Failure of an automobile operator to see the motorcycle rider in a blind spot or traffic
- Turning left in front of a motorcycle rider
- Other vehicles violating the motorcycle’s right-of-way
- Dangerous road conditions
Injuries from motorcycle accidents can be catastrophic, resulting in excessive medical bills, continuing or permanent disability, traumatic brain injury (TBI), or even death. Motorcycle injuries can also include:
- Road rash, because of slides along pavement or gravel roads
- Broken bones
- Permanent facial or body disfigurement
- Spinal cord injuries
- Permanent nerve or soft tissue damage.
If you, or a loved one, have been injured in a motorcycle accident, there are several things you can do to protect yourself and preserve your rights:
- Seek help from a medical professional as soon as possible
- Document any injuries entirely with photos and videos
- Document evidence related to your accident or injury. The documentation process can include taking photos or videos where the motorcycle accident occurred, photos of the damaged motorcycle and pictures of any other vehicles involved or that may have caused your injuries
- Document the names and contact information of anyone who may have witnessed the motorcycle accident
- Call 1-800-ASK-GARY for a FREE referral to a local Tampa motorcycle accident attorney.
1-800-ASK-GARY Will Help You Find a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Who Will Fight For Your Rights
A Tampa motorcycle accident can lead to lifelong consequences for you or your loved ones. A motorcycle accident can change life from severe injuries to high medical bills to lost time at work. Motorcyclists have unique legal protections while on the road, and you must understand your rights. The Tampa motorcycle injury lawyers who work with 1-800-ASK-GARY will determine your best course of action to recover damages.
Do not hesitate to contact 1-800-ASK-GARY and ask for a FREE referral to a motorcycle injury lawyer today. The attorney will review your case in detail and advise you of your legal options.